Social Skills TrainingWe Offer Best & Quality Therapy Services In Singapore!
What are Social Skills?
Social Skills are the skills we use to communicate and interact with each other and include both verbal (eg.speech) and non-verbal ( eg gestures, body language) communication. They are vital in enabling an individual to have and maintain positive interactions with others.
A child with strong social skill is happy, confident, and easy to get along with. Good social skills also enable a child to actively, participate in many activities of daily living.
Some children require explicit teaching to develop strategies to communicate and interact with others.
How do I know if my child has difficulties with Social Skills?
Some children struggle more than their peers when it comes to developing appropriate social skills to have and maintain positive interactions with others.
Children with the neurodevelopmental challenge such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Social Communication Disorder, ADHD,and Non-verbal Learning Difficulty can have significant difficulties with social skills.
How can we help?
We offer social skills training programs with the main goal of helping your child master social interaction with others.
Depending on the needs of your child, we offer both social skills groups as well as individual social skills intervention sessions using approaches such as :
- Social Learning based on Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Thinking curriculum
- The Secret Agent Society Program
Difficulties can include:
- Fleeting eye contact
- Lack of joint attention & social referencing
- Unable to take turns when talking or participating in games with peers
- Frequently interrupts others
- Ask inappropriate questions
- Talk ‘at you’ on a topic of own interest and cannot engage in a 2-way conversation ‘with’ you.
- Cannot read facial cues
- Unaware of the feelings or thoughts of others
- Talk with unusual intonation, pitch, rate or tone of voice
- Very literal in understanding
Our Other Specialised Programs
We provide customised intervention programmes for the child. We have many specialised programmes, solely customise to tailor to your child’s needs.
- Intensive Handwriting Programme
- Perceptual Motor Training Programme for Dyspraxia
- Oral Dyspraxia Programme
- Visual Perceptual Training Programme
- Listening Programme
- Intensive Behavioural Therapy Programme
- English & Chinese Dyslexia Reading Programme
- Pictures Exchange Communication programme (PEC)
- Hanen Speech Programme
Other Services We Render
We would be glad to provide you with our Customised Therapy Services that tailor to your child’s needs.
Call us today and check our professional Therapy